jueves, 20 de marzo de 2014



I really appreciated this reading because it touched upon many songs that I had heard growing up, but I never truly understood. I remember when I was younger, I would see my dad singing these songs and he would make these dramatic face expressions that I found to be very funny...to me this was actually a bit strange even. I was used to seeing celebrities appearing in music videos on t.v., where the point is basically too look either beautiful, seductive or who knows what, while singing your song......but it is not about the emotion...but maybe a lack of? Maybe if I would have been raised in Mexico, it would have been "normal" to experience this? This also brought me to another point...the story behind these expressive gestures. My parents are very reserved when it comes to their personal lives and my dad in particular, I know, had a very rough upbringing for many reasons and I feel like I've been getting to know his story in little spurts...one way in which it happens is through conversation, most of the time, when sitting at the dinner table (which is a very valuable, and even sacred space), and the other way is through music....songs...lyrics.....the way he expresses himself through a song....it's powerful...and though I don't know I can ever fully understand it, I can very well appreciate it and try to embrace it as far as my inspiration will allow me to...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario